Let’s be real, loneliness sucks. It strikes you when you feel like you don’t have any bonding with anyone or when no one understands you.
It is in our nature that we are connected to other human beings, be social. Nobody wants to be lonely. But more often than not, especially in this digital age when people are sucked into their devices, you find yourself isolated even among people.
So if you’re feeling lonely, you may find some inspiration to overcome this dreadful feeling and become stronger with our list of quotes.
30 Quotes for when you feel lonely and left out…
- Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self. ―May Sarton.
- We are all born alone and die alone. The loneliness is definitely part of the journey of life. ―Jenova Chen.
- Times may have changed, but there are some things that are always with us – loneliness is one of them. ―Laurie Graham.
- We can all fight against loneliness by engaging in random acts of kindness. ―Gail Honeyman.
- Solitude is pleasant. Loneliness is not. ―Anna Neagle.
- I don’t fear death so much as I fear its prologues: loneliness, decrepitude, pain, debilitation, depression, senility. After a few years of those, I imagine death presents like a holiday at the beach. ―Mary Roach.
- If you go deeper and deeper into your own heart, you’ll be living in a world with less fear, isolation and loneliness. ―Sharon Salzberg.
- Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible poverty. ―Mother Teresa.
- The interesting thing is why we’re so desperate for this anesthetic against loneliness. ―David Foster Wallace.
- What loneliness is more lonely than distrust?―George Eliot.
Find out more Quotes, stories at: https://bitly.com.vn/ejto5u
- Loneliness is always there, it’s a phase that comes and goes and it is a very difficult phase. ―Neena Gupta.
- Let me tell you this: if you meet a loner, no matter what they tell you, it’s not because they enjoy solitude. It’s because they have tried to blend into the world before, and people continue to disappoint them.― Jodi Picoult, My Sister’s Keeper.
- The loneliest moment in someone’s life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly.― F. Scott Fitzgerald.
- Why do people have to be this lonely? What’s the point of it all? Millions of people in this world, all of them yearning, looking to others to satisfy them, yet isolating themselves. Why? Was the earth put here just to nourish human loneliness?― Haruki Murakami, Sputnik Sweetheart.
- When I get lonely these days, I think: So BE lonely, Liz. Learn your way around loneliness. Make a map of it. Sit with it, for once in your life. Welcome to the human experience. But never again use another person’s body or emotions as a scratching post for your own unfulfilled yearnings.― Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman’s Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia.
- We live as we dream–alone….― Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness.
- When you’re surrounded by all these people, it can be lonelier than when you’re by yourself. You can be in a huge crowd, but if you don’t feel like you can trust anyone or talk to anybody, you feel like you’re really alone.― Fiona Apple.
- So many people are shut up tight inside themselves like boxes, yet they would open up, unfolding quite wonderfully, if only you were interested in them.”(Initiation)― Sylvia Plath, Johnny Panic and the Bible of Dreams: Short Stories, Prose and Diary Excerpts.
- I think one of the most poignant things is unrequited love and loneliness. ―Wilbur Smith.
- While loneliness has the potential to kill, connection has even more potential to heal. ―Vivek Murthy.
- It would be too easy to say that I feel invisible. Instead, I feel painfully visible, and entirely ignored.― David Levithan, Every Day.
- We often refer to loneliness as something negative. And we look at it as a weakness. ―Jay Shetty.
- There’s a difference between loneliness and solitude. You pursue solitude, I think. But loneliness is a completely different isolating thing. ―Dervla Kirwan.
- Depression on my left, Loneliness on my right. They don’t need to show me their badges. I know these guys very well.― Elizabeth Gilbert.
- I am lonely, yet not everybody will do. I don’t know why, some people fill the gaps and others emphasize my loneliness.― Anaïs Nin.
- The opposite of Loneliness is not Togetherness , It’s Intimacy― Richard Bach.
- I believe a lot of disease comes from anxiety, loneliness. ―Tom Cochrane.
- Loneliness adds beauty to life. It puts a special burn on sunsets and makes night air smell better. ―Henry Rollins.
- We are living in dystopia, in a world that is dominated by technology and disconnect, alienation, loneliness, and dysfunction. ―Steven Wilson.
- Cinema can fill in the empty spaces of your life and your loneliness. ―Pedro Almodovar.