Should you decide to become happier and dive into positive thinking, a journal like this will make the process much easier. You don’t even have to choose the prompts from any list every day, just open your journal on the next page and answer whatever it asks you!
If the concept of daily journaling is completely new to you or if you tried it and never knew what to write about, using a guided positivity journal may be the right choice for you.
20 Journal Prompts To Be More Positive And Happy
1. What makes you happy? How can you do more of it?
We tend to get wrapped up in our work and social life so much that we forget to ask ourselves: Am I truly enjoying myself? If the answer is no, it’s time to think about the things that make you happy and do more of them.
2. What one positive emotion you are feeling now, in this moment of being consciously optimistic?
It’s never ill advised to keep a positive mindset. And it all starts with a single optimistic emotion!
3. What three things are the most important for you in life? Are you actually prioritizing them on a daily basis?
Multitasking might sound like a good idea on paper, but it’s easy to sidetrack you away from what really matters. Keep your mind on your priorities and track them frequently.
4. If you could get anything right now, what would make you happy?
If money isn’t a factor, what do you really need to be happy?
5. Say or write ten positive statements starting with “I am…”.
Training the voice in your head to be nice to you is crucial for self love. Affirmations help. So write down ten positive things about yourself. And they don’t have to be all about appearance or personality traits as well.
You can include the belief you have about what you think you can achieve (for example: “I will get that promotion”).
Check out awesome quotes at: https://bitly.com.vn/ao2lf1
6. If you had to create a realistic soundtrack for your current life, what would be the first song? Why? If you could change things around, what would you want your main song to be?
Is your life a sad love song or an upbeat hip hop track? Or is it a playlist of different sounds for different moods?
7. When was the last time you tried something new? Review your bucket list or create one, and think about one activity you would love to cross off first!
Doing new things gives you new perspectives. It also makes your life more colorful and purposeful.
8. What is missing in your life right now? Can you ever be happy without it? If not, what is one small step you can make today to achieve it?
Feeling empty, like something missing? Maybe it’s time to ask yourself what that missing piece might be.
9. Which part of your life is going the best right now? How can you make it even better?
Don’t forget to appreciate what you have already had. It also important to nurture these things so you won’t take them for granted.
10. What would you like to make more time for?
Choose something that makes you happier rather than more productive or busy.
Related: 67 Taylor Swift Quotes For Inspiration to Follow Your Dream
11. When was the last time you made someone smile? What can you do today to make someone smile?
When you make someone smile, the joy is not exclusive to them but you will get a dose of “happiness hormone” as well.
12. What do you like about the place you live in? Would you stay here forever or rather move somewhere else?
Do you feel at home where you are? Do you feel like you belong there? If not, imagine yourself living in your dream place. Where is it and how does it feel?
13. What was the last compliment you received? How did it make you feel?
Compliments do make a difference, both for your self-esteem and your acknowledgement of yourself.
14. Do you live a balanced life? What does your wheel of life balance look like?
Is your work-life balance doing okay? Social relationships balance? Do you feel balanced and centered?
15. Do you consider yourself a good friend? Why?
Being a good friend is the first step to having great friendships. When was the last time you gifted your friends something for no reason? Do you listen to them and show enough support? Don’t feel shy to show your appreciation to the lovely people around you.
16. Would you want to be friends with yourself? Why? (Or why not? What is missing? How can you change things around?)
There might be more about you that you yourself don’t see. It’s good to be self aware and be honest about your own shortcomings so you can better yourself.
17. If you could only do one thing today, what would make you the most satisfied with your productivity?
A long list of to-dos can be a bit intimidating. You should always have one biggest priority for the day.
18. Is there a nice person you haven’t talked to for ages? How do you feel about giving them a call/taking them out for a coffee?
It’s important to maintain your bonds with others. You might be thinking too much about the initial awkwardness when first getting in touch again to let a good friendship slide.
19. Name 10 things you are grateful for at this very moment.
Staying grateful is the best way to stay grounded and centered. Jotting down the most wonderful things in your life is a great way to live a happier life.
20. If you were to die tomorrow, would you have any regrets?
This one sounds a little extreme, but it does push you to think about you deepest regrets and maybe, urge to change for the better.
For more beautiful quotes, check out Here